If you’ve found an alternative to AWeber, or are looking for alternatives to AWeber and are wondering how to cancel your AWeber account, you’re in the right place.
In this post, I’ll be going over:
- How to cancel your AWeber account quick guide
- How to cancel AWeber account illustrated guide
- Getting a refund from AWeber
- Alternatives to AWeber
Firstly, let’s go through the account cancelation process.
Table of Contents
How To Cancel Your AWeber Account
You can delete your AWeber account by following either of these guides.
We’ll start with the quick start guide and then move on to the illustrated guide.
How To Delete AWeber Account Quick Start Guide
- Step 1: Log in to your Aweber account and in the top right corner, hover over your name and click My Account.
- Step 2: On the My Account screen click on Billing, then click the Close My Account button below the chart with your credit card information.
- Step 3: Click on the Continue to Cancelation button in the pop-up window.
- Step 4: Fill in any feedback you wish to give AWeber and click the blue Next button.
- Step 5: Unless you want to put your AWeber account on hold for $4.99 per month, click the red No, Cancel My Account button.
- Step 6: Confirm your password and click the red Yes, Cancel My Account button.
Now we’ll go over the illustrated guide.
How To Cancel AWeber Illustrated Guide
Go to the AWeber login page.
Sign in to your account and click on My Account from the drop-down menu:
Click on Billing:
Click on Close my account:
Click on Continue to cancellation:
Fill in the optional survey if you like, otherwise, click Next:
You’re now given the option of putting your account on hold for $4.99 per month. If you decide to put your account on hold, then click on Yes, put my account on hold.
If you’re still going ahead with canceling click on No, cancel my account, then move on to step 7:
Are you sure you want to cancel? This is the last chance to change your mind about closing your account.
If you are certain you want to cancel your account, click on Yes, cancel my account:
Your AWeber account will now be canceled. As you can see, it’s a very simple process that should take you less than 5 minutes.
Once you’ve completed the cancelation process, your account will remain active until the end of the current billing period. You can always reactivate your account during this time should you wish to do so.
Once you’ve completed the account cancellation process, you will receive an email from AWeber with a link to your account backup:
This contains all of the email lists and messages you had set up within your AWeber account.
If you are an annual subscriber you now need to contact AWeber customer support and enquire about any refund that you may be due from them.
You can contact support 24/7 by phone, live online chat, or email. Click here for the AWeber Contact Us page.
There is no clear refund policy within AWeber’s terms of service, however, it doesn’t say that they operate a no refund policy like so many of their rivals do. AWeber judges each refund request on a case-by-case basis and I have yet to hear of them refusing to refund anybody for any unused account credit.
Best Alternative To AWeber
Have you tried ClickFunnels? ClickFunnels Platinum Plan offers you:
- UNLIMITED landing pages
- UNLIMITED contacts
- UNLIMITED emails
- ONE FIXED monthly price
With a 14 day no obligation free trial, why not give them a try:
If you decide ClickFunnels isn’t for you, simply cancel your account before your trial ends and you won’t be charged a dime.