If there’s one thing you’re going to need for your online business, it’s a good reliable email marketing tool.
With many small businesses looking for high quality, yet budget-friendly email automation tools, one of the best options out there for you is AWeber.
Why AWeber? Well, they’ve been about since 1998 so obviously, they know what they’re doing, and in a recent upgrade to their services, the AWeber free trial was replaced by the AWeber free plan!
What does that mean for you? Quite simply, the AWeber free plan is free forever, requires no credit and it allows you a single list of up to 500 email address contacts with a maximum of 3,000 emails sent per month.
In this AWeber review article, I’ll be going over:
- AWeber features
- Aweber affiliate program
- AWeber customer support
- AWeber pricing
- AWeber pricing over 500 subscribers
- Aweber ‘Grow Your Business’ Free PDF
- Aweber ‘What To Write’ Free PDF
- AWeber Pros and Cons
- AWeber review conclusion
My hope is that by the end of this AWeber review you’ll know if AWeber is going to work for you and your business.
Table of Contents
AWeber comes with a great range of features.
Free Concierge Service
Looking to move from your current email marketing platform? No problem. AWeber has a totally free concierge service that will transfer everything over from your current service provider.
Drag & Drop Email Form Builder
AWeber comes with hundreds of ready-made email templates, or you can create your own from scratch with the drag & drop email design software.
AWeber also has an AI-powered email template designer that can create your custom branded email templates in seconds.
AWeber has 30 ready-made landing page templates that you can edit, or you can easily create one from scratch.
You can add both images and videos to your landing page and can choose from thousands of professional images or upload your own.
You are permitted to create unlimited landing pages within your account, to which you can add a custom domain and Facebook tracking pixels.
To be honest, I find ClickFunnels is easier to use for this, but at $97 per month on the cheapest plan, ClickFunnels aren’t for everybody. Besides, if you only need a landing page and an email autoresponder AWeber have everything you need.
If you’re a clickFunnels user looking for the best email responder for ClickFunnels I highly recommend AWeber for this service.
Build your lists from your landing pages, WordPress website, or even from your split test emails.
AWeber allows you to segment your contact list to narrow down your target audience for your offers.
Related article: 10 Best Customer Segmentation Strategies For E-Commerce
The AWeber free plan gives you basic reporting such as simple subscriber and message analytics.
The Pro Plan gives you:
- Advanced message analytics
- Advanced audience analytics
- Advanced account analytics
- Webpage tracking
- Emails sales tracking
The AWeber Stats App allows you to:
- Check email stats easily and quickly while on the go
- Track open rates on sent messages
- See your subscriber’s engagement
- Check who has subscribed
- Campaign reports
- Get notified when someone subscribes to your list
You can sell products and services, track sales, and get purchase tagging.
AWeber does charge a fee for each sale depending on which plan you use:
- AWeber Free Plan: 1%
- AWeber Pro Plan: 0.6%
This will be in addition to the fee charged by your choice of payment gateway integration.
Team / Account Management
You are permitted an unlimited amount of users on your AWeber account across both plans, great if have several people all needing access to perform different tasks.
Web Push Notifications
A web push notification is a pop-up that appears in your customer’s web browser to alert them of anything that may be of interest to them.
This is also another way of getting someone to subscribe to one of your email lists.
On the AWeber Free Plan, you can send 50,000 WPN’s per month and add 50,000 subscribers per month this way.
On the AWeber Pro Plan, you get unlimited use of this feature.
RSS To Email
Convert your WordPress blog posts into emails and have them sent out to your subscribers.
AWeber will translate into the following 18 languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
Translating to a foreign language is one of the best customer solutions in my opinion. As not everyone speaks English, so you could be missing out on potential customers if they don’t understand what it is you’re offering.
I just hope it does a better job than Google Translate!!!
AWeber Affiliate Program
The AWeber affiliate program is free to join, and you don’t have to be a subscribing customer to promote AWeber as an affiliate.
AWeber affiliates receive a 30% recurring monthly commission.
You can read my AWeber affiliate program review here: AWeber Customer Referral Program Review 2021 + Free Blog Building Training Course
AWeber Customer Support
AWeber customer support is available 24/7 on both the Free Plan and the Pro plan.
AWeber customer support can be contacted via email, live chat, and telephone where you can get in touch with one of AWeber’s certified experts.
AWeber also has a YouTube channel full of helpful tutorial videos.
How much does AWeber cost per month?
AWeber Free Trial – AWeber Free Plan
As stated at the beginning of this article, your AWeber 30 day free trial has been replaced with the AWeber free plan.
On the AWeber free plan, you can send up to 3,000 emails per month to a single email list of up to 500 subscribers.
AWeber Pro Plan Pricing
The AWeber Pro plan pricing starts at:
- $19 per month if you’re paying monthly
- $16.33 per month ($49 every 3 months) if you pay quarterly
- $16.15 per month ($193.80) if you pay annually
For AWeber pricing over 500 contacts please see the pricing chart below:
AWeber also offers you 2 choices for a discount:
- Paying upfront for their quarterly plan gives you a 14% discount.
- Paying upfront for a full 12 months gives you a 14.9% discount.
AWeber Refund Policy
One thing I really do like about AWeber is that if you pay upfront for a longer subscription and then decide to cancel for whatever reason, they will give you a refund on any unused subscription fee, unlike some of their competitors such as GetResponse.
If you do choose to cancel your AWeber account you will have to contact AWeber customer support to arrange your refund.
AWeber Features Pricing
Like all online marketing automation tools, depending on which plan you’re on depends on what level of features you get.
Getting Started With AWeber
Getting started with AWeber couldn’t be simpler.
Sign up for your free account here:
Then let Jay Moore from AWeber talk you through setting up your AWeber account, start collecting subscribers and start sending emails:
AWeber Pros and Cons
- Great range of features
- Totally free to use plan
- Simple to use drag & drop editor
- 24/7 customer support
- Excellent data analytics
- Free PDF to get you started
- Free migration service if you’re moving from another email marketing platform
- A free guide to email marketing
- A free guide on how to grow your business with email marketing
- AWeber refund you should you decide to cancel your subscription
- Simple to cancel AWeber account
- Can be integrated with a lot of other platforms
- Affiliate program
- Can’t build the workflows as complex as some of the competition
- Less email segmentation options than some of the competition
- You have to contact AWeber support for a quote if you exceed 25,000 subscribers
AWeber Review Conclusion
As you’ve seen, AWeber is an excellent choice for your email marketing software tool, they offer a huge range of features, even on the free plan.
With a great range of features, including:
- Landing page builder
- Free concierge service to migrate from your current email marketing service provider
- Simple to use drag & drop platform
- 24/7 customer support
- Pro Plan prices starting at just $16.15 per month for 500 subscribers and unlimited emails
- An affiliate program so you can recommend AWeber to your friends, colleagues, and clients so you can earn more money
- A free PDF for you to download entitled ‘What to Write’ that contains 45+ ready-made email templates
- A free PDF for you to download entitled ‘How to grow your business with email marketing’
- Integrations with many big brand third party service providers
They’re clearly a great choice for your email service provider.
You can give them a try and see what you think. You literally have nothing to lose!
Thank you for taking the time to read my AWeber free trial article, I hope you found it helpful.
If you’d like to know how I think AWeber stacks up against the competition I have an AWeber vs GetResponse comparison you may like here: GetResponse vs AWeber Email Marketing Services: A Helpful In-Depth Comparison 2021
Disclaimer: I am an independent AWeber Affiliate, not an employee. All views expressed on this blog are my own based on my own experience of using the AWeber software. I use affiliate links on my blog and may earn a commission from any links you click on and make a purchase.